Today I did something a little different. First I checked "Oblique Strategies" and got the prompt, "get dirty" I'd already been planning to do four iterations. And the image for today was an embroidered garment from the 1920's.
So...the first image is a rough sketch of the embroidery. The second is a quick interpretation of the first, and so on. There's more chalk pastel mixed with watercolor and rubbing alcohol than usual. And, indeed it's kind of getting messy/dirty.
Playing with chalk pastels, spray alcohol, and watercolor.
Turns out this paper is terrible for calligraphy. There are fixes, like gum sanderac, burnishing, and, possibly, ironing.
(I didn't post yesterday's as I think I'm the only person that could make sense of it)
Just capturing a few ideas
I've done better. I've also done worse.
I'm trying to find a way to represent lace obscuring other stitching
Amethyst starling, with text from "
The Avicultural Magazine, Volume 6"
Photo reference by aquieterstorm.tumblr.com
Today's turned out pretty well. The gold gel pen moves with the watercolor brush, more than I thought it would. It's made an interesting, obscuring, layer of sparkle. The text is one of the psalms in latin.
I was debating if it needed some true white highlights.
This is an idea I'll be revisiting.
Another piece from Pascal Jaouen.
#dailysketch #watercolor #pascal jaouen
Inspired by a corset made by Pascal Jaouen. The next few pieces will be inspired by him. That work is mind-boggling.
I also wanted to test the color combo of yellows and dark sap green. I like it.
I did today's abstract on tracing paper, for a different effect. I then photocopied it onto printable fabric. And have started the padding stitches.
(The padding stitches are three strands of DMC worked in split-stitch)